The video game retailer EB Games has recently listed a Collector’s Box inspired by 2017’s Metroid: Samus Returns, although only on its Canadian website. The package is the result of a partnership between Nintendo and CultureFly, a company that prepares various “boxes” inspired by popular media franchises.
The Samus Returns box contains eight items based on Samus’s adventure in SR-388:
- A vinyl miniature of the Baby Metroid;
- A beanie with colors inspired by the Varia Suit;
- A Morph Ball squishy;
- A notebook shaped like Samus’s helmet;
- A pen with colors inspired by the Zero Suit;
- A duffel bag with artwork of Samus;
- A Metroid keychain; and
- An art print showing Samus’s gunship headed towards SR-388.
According to EB Games’s Canadian website, the box will release on September 27, 2019, for the price of 59.99 CAD (approximately 45 USD or 40 EUR), and it can already be pre-ordered. Although EB Games is a subsidiary of GameStop, the box is not available for sale on EB Games’s or GameStop’s websites in other countries.
Nintendo has previously worked with CultureFly in 2017 to produce a collectible box based on the NES, SNES and Game Boy consoles, but no official announcement by either company has been made regarding the Samus Returns box.
Source: EB Games Canada